Tuesday 26 March 2013

Living Doll

My photo word for the day was Selfie so instead of doing a plain one i decided to take one that was influenced by the article that i read the other day about girls dressing & looking like living dolls. My favorite doll growing up had green hair which has influenced me with the colour (or should i say, colours) of my own hair. She always seemed to have more fun than the other dolls ;) So this is my take on it. Mind you i was pretty ill today so a lot of photoshop was used & when i say a lot i mean A LOT!
 Here are the final images & how i got to them in editing (Photoshop CS5)

 I colour corrected the photo first then added the "Cooler" action (you can download them here, yes. They are free)& flattened the image.
I used my "Reduce Reds" action & flattened the image.
I used the "Bring on the Eyes" action at 75% to the eyes then the "Sharpen This" action at 50% to the eyes, nose & mouth.
Then i used the glamour skin glow technique (you can watch this here)
I used -100 in Vibrance. Then used the history brush on the freckles only & flattened the image.
I enhanced the colour of the lips my selecting them & using levels.
I selected the eyes & made a new layer in which i sharpened the eyes with "Smart Sharpen" found in filters then coloured the eyes with "Colour Balance". I cleaned up the colour around with the eraser, then once again flattened the image.
I once again used the "Cooler" action to eliminate any additional red tones, flattened & Voila - DONE!

Happy to say that this photo made it to the Popular page on the 365 Project website - Super Excited!


No comments:

Post a Comment